The summer is coming to an end, but not before throwing the most amazing pool party! And because the hardest part can be planning snacks and drinks for the occasion, we’ve rounded up a few ideas to add to your event!
1- Watermelon pops
The perfect refreshment in a snack is probably watermelon. But if you want to make it better in an easy way, try to make some watermelon pops for your guests! This summer is simply not giving us a break from high temperatures, so this is a really lovely way to get some extra refreshment!
2- Raspberry Lemonade Slushie
This refreshing drink is the perfect raspberry-lemonade blend. For this one, you’ll need 2 lemons, 2 cups of fresh frozen raspberries, ½ cup of sugar, and 2 cups of ice cubes. Just blend it all in a blender and you’ll have your party drink refreshment for the day!
3- Watermelon salsa
If you want to make the usual chips and guac combo, but with a twist, the Watermelon salsa is the perfect one! For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 1 large lime
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Red onion
- 2 cups Watermelon, Seedless
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 pinch of salt
There’s no mistake with this one, you’ll leave everyone very refreshed and with a great taste in their mouths after the pool party!
The classic Bruschetta is a favourite in Spain for a reason. And the best part is that other than delicious, it’s really easy to make! For this recipe, you’ll just need:
- 10 2 pounds roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Basil, leaves
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/4 cup White onion
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 Italian loaf (french loaf, or baguette)
5- Summer Fruit Salad
Nothing says summer more than a really big bowl of fruit salad. And the best thing is that you can make a big one for your pool party as well. Healthy, pretty, and nutritious, you can choose the fruits you want to add to your salad. The cutting fruits part may not be very tempting initially, but the flavour will definitely make up for the work later on!
6- Hibiscus and Green Tea Cocktail
Low on alcohol, this drink is for the ones that aren’t into the alcohol flavour in a drink. For this one, you’ll need:
- 6-7 medium lemons (for simple syrup)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 hibiscus tea bags
- 3 green tea bags
- 1 cup bourbon (or your favorite spirit)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- citrus juicer or reamer
- 1 lemon (for garnish or use leftover rinds)
- optional: mint leaves (for garnish)
- Make the tea
- Juice the lemons
- Make simple syrup: In the microwave or on the stove, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 cup of sugar and stir until thoroughly dissolved. Finally, stir in the lemon juice.
- Make sugared lemon twists: Using a paring knife, cut lemon into slices. Cut the rind off of each slice to create long, thin strips. Finally, twist them into the garnish’s signature shape and dip them into a shallow dish of sugar.
- Mix cocktail: In a pitcher, combine the cooled tea, pomegranate juice, lemon simple syrup, and 1 cup of bourbon (which equates to a little less than a shot/serving) and stir to combine the ingredients.
7- Sneaky Tequila
A powerful punch with a light look, but not for the lighthearted. This drink is great for the pool for its mix of pineapple and cranberry juice, and its strength comes from both the tequila and coconut rum. So in order to make this drink, you’ll need:
- Coconut rum
- Peach schnapps
- Pineapple juice
- Cranberry juice
Add 4 parts tequila, 4 parts coconut rum, 1 part peach schnapps, a splash of pineapple juice, a splash of cranberry juice, and ice into a shaker. Shake all ingredients and serve in a highball glass.
8- Grapefruit Gin and Tonic
If you’re looking for a summery gin and tonic mix, you and your guests are going to absolutely love this drink! For this one, you’ll need:
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- 2 1/2 cups gin
- 1 1/2 cups elderflower liqueur
- 4-5 cups of tonic water
- Muddle the mint
- Juice the grapefruits
- Add grapefruit slicers
- Add gin and elderflower liqueur
- Add tonic water and ice
Easy to make and fresh in the mouth, these snacks and drinks are just perfect for a pool party on a hot summer day. We hope you liked our ideas and that you have an awesome rest of your summer!
Ana Tagliati is a Brazilian writer and podcaster. When not working, you can find her doing one of the many things she's passionate about, like writing, reading, traveling, working out, watching trashy reality tv shows, partying, going to the beach, or enjoying a good time with family and friends.